Friday, June 8, 2012

Updates

For starters, sorry for the lack of updates to this blog. I've been fairly busy lately. Alright, here are some interesting updates. I got this game (that actually came out in November 2011) called "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim." I had been hearing so much about this game from friends of mine that I decided to try it out; all this talk about "I used to be an adventurer like you, until I took an arrow in the knee" to AngryJoe talking about helping a talking dog during a quest peaked my interest.

So I got the game and created a Redguard character named Manyara who came from the land of Hammerfell. I decided to make her a mage since I like characters that can cast magic spells; plus one of my friends plays as a mage, too. Originally, I thought this was going to be a very comical game thanks to watching videos by Angry Joe and Two Best Friends , but now I realize that it can be a very dark game with only some instances being comical; I'm probably going to come off sounding like a big baby for this, but there were moments where I got so depressed that I just turned the game off.

For example, while doing a quest dealing with finding a stole flute, I stumbled across a lighthouse where an entire family had been murdered inside; and I, the Dovahkiin (Dragonborn -- aka hero in the game), had to find the source of the murders. It's odd, but I just remembered that it's technically my fault for thinking that this game would be funny/amusing...especially since in the very beginning of the game, you (the player) witness a character getting decapitated in the very first part of the game. There's even a quest where you get to sacrifice a priest to a god named Molag Bal...who's basically Satan; if you complete the quest, you get a special powerful mace. There's also a quest line that allows you to join this group of assassins called "The Dark Brotherhood." They kill people for money no matter how ridiculous the "crime" that the target supposedly committed (e.g. you kill a bard who can't sing, a cook who can't cook, a girl getting married, a mentally ill man who is grieving his sister's death, etc.); although this is just a game, I can't bring myself to playing the part of an evil character -- no matter how "fun" some of my friends say it is.


I also finished the game "Mass Effect 3," which is currently my favorite game of this year. I'll blog more about that later because I feel that this game deserves a post of its own.

Anyways, I've been working more on my online portfolio making changes here and there such as taking away themes, changing background colors, adding more programmable features, etc. I'll be back later with more updates as they come.


No comments:

Post a Comment