Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Search Engine Now Fully Functional

I finally got a search engine up and running on my website. Rather than try to hand-code the site myself, I found a nifty little software package by Keyoti called Search Pro for ASP.NET that would allow me to integrate SEO into the site. I tested the software on my localhost, and it worked like a charm. The problem is that it wouldn't work when I uploaded the files (e.g. dlls and so forth) on to my web server. I think the reason for that is because I was using a trial version of the software; instead of paying $500 for the Search Pro version, I decided to go with Google's SEO customization instead since it's free, and I am dealing with a rather medium-sized website. The Lite version was around $300-310 (I believe); that's a bit too costly for me at the moment, especially since my site (www.anaarora.com) is not a large corporation-owned site.

Anyways, for anyone who wants to try out the Search for ASP.NET software by Keyoti, go to the link below:

I'm planning on adding some more images to my site -- mainly to the "Blog" and "Search" pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment